SIGNS OF AGING - FADING MEMORIES...

 (Haifa - Bahai Temple and the Shore)

An echo from the past...

I lived, I loved, i bore,
Solitude unbearable and more.

I knew not what intimacy meant,
Nor why a bunch of roses were sent.

Yet I loved her, though silently,
She touched my soul, ever so gently.

She was a lover's dream, a poet's song,
But I got speechless when she came along.

Her hair unruffled, eyes searching,
Lips thin, countenance urging.

Always calm and serene,
As a winter evening scene.

She walked like a queen, laughed like a child,
Her voice was soothing, sweet and mild.

Alas, I could not muster up any courage,
And spent nights weeping in rage.

She was my life, separated by a word,
And here I was like a caged bird.

Stopped by thoughts of unrequitted love,
Like a child running after a flying dove.

Thoughts of religion, caste and creed,
Restrained me and left my heart to bleed.

Thoughts triumphed, my inhibitions won,
My days of anguish had just begun.

I end this tale with an advice for all,
If you want joy in life, never hear a cuckoo's call.

6 comments:

  1. All this makes me feel that I want to be a poet.

    Reading this, i feel like these words are trying to en-capture the essence of Love…it is so very divine ….

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said…I think this is a feeling that is hard to describe with words……so beautifully spoken...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost brings tears to my eyes.
    Thanks to my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy reading your writings, it takes me away from reality for a minute.....Mi unica conexion, por favor, seguir escribiendo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish I could give my emotions the wings of expression....I love your ability to convey such deep emotions with such simplicity.

    ReplyDelete