DRIVEN TO DRIVE - DELHI - AMBALA - CHANDIGARH

Took a much awaited vacation from work to cool my over-worked brain.

The route I took surprised me on completion of the journey, as I ended up driving nearly 1200km through plains and hills North India. The first leg of the journey took me from Delhi to Ambala, a city in Haryana, India known for its Cantonment, but few know that a man named Wellesley Bailey built some huts for the leprosy affected people in Ambala, and soon the idea grew up and took the form of what we now know as The Leprosy Mission International.

45km from Ambala, is the U.T of Chandigarh, also the capital of two states - Punjab and Haryana. Built by the famous Le Corbusier, it has many places of attraction, Nek Chand's Rock Garden being one of them. To understand the passion, you need to see the following pictures, how a man went about making masterpieces in his spare time.






















The next phase of the trip took me up the hills... but that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment